- pen your memoir.
- Compose a letter for a time capsule.
- Write your own obituary.
- Create a family tree (or genogram, “a family tree with all the psychological details”).
- Make a timeline of your life.
- “Reflect on [your] best and worst day.”
- Record your dreams.
- Ask yourself, What would I do if I had three wishes?
- Ask yourself, “Why?” whether it’s about your hobbies, likes, dislikes or your emotions and experiences. According to Howes, a few examples: “Why do I love baseball?” “Why do I dress this way?” or “Why don’t I cry very often?” “You might be surprised at your own answers,” he said.
- Enlist help. “Sometimes the guidance of a friend, mentor, spiritual advisor or therapist” can help.
Filed under: Text |